The 3rd annual San Francisco Surrogacy Conference & Expo will feature several new in-depth panels, including on insurance, budgeting and ethics!
Our Family Coalition and Men Having Babies are teaming again to offer a program dedicated to biological parenting for gay men — and this time for and expanded day and a half format. Our educational conferences offer a rare opportunity to benefit from a wealth of information from unbiased non-profit organizations, alongside access to a wide range of relevant service providers. The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 10 years in NY, Chicago, Barcelona, Brussels and Tel Aviv. This year we are adding several in-depth workshops and panels that will appeal to prospective parents on different stages of the process.
Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program and Our Family Coalition.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
934 Brannan Street, San Francisco.
We strongly encourage advance registration for both days - past events have sold out. Online registration will end when we reach capacity, and no later than Thursday, January 21, at noon PST.
Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by January 6 so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.
Agenda(more details below or see the official digital program here )
Saturday, January 23:
• 3:30-4:30pm: Registration and gay parenting expo
• 4:30-5:30pm: Opening session: Is surrogacy right for you? Looking at practical, psychological and ethical considerations in choosing surrogacy vs. other parenting options, and the long term implications of this choice in terms of the welfare of the child, the surrogate, and her family. We will present evidence from studies about the way surrogacy affects the involved parties, and highlights from MHB's proposed Framework for Ethical Surrogacy.
• 5:30 - 6:30pm: Personal stories panel - hear from several surrogates and parents.
Sunday, January 24:
• 9:00-9:30am: Registration
• 9:30-11:00am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 11:00 -11:15am: break
• 11:15am-12:30pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP).
• 12:30-1:30pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:30-3:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 3:30-4:30pm: Gay parenting expo & networking reception.
• 4:00-8:30pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:30-5:15pm: Specialty sessions I - Expert legal panel, Medical part 1, Psychological aspects of surrogacy
• 5:15-6:00pm: Specialty sessions II - Insurance and budgeting, Medical part 2, Life After Birth: Resources and Family Support Services with Our Family Coalition