The monthly NY "Planning Surrogacy Parenthood for Men" workshop
The meetings take place on the fourth Wednesday of every month, 6:30-8:00 PM.
Location: The NYC LGBT Center: 208 West 13th Street (near 7th Avenue).
We typically invite a guest speaker (see below for past speakers), but use the first part of the meeting to discuss our friends' progress and general issues and concerns.
For more information and to sign up to our mailing list email Ron, the workshop coordinator.
- October 23, 2013: Medical aspects.
- November 27, 2012: Considerations in selecting egg donors.
- December 25, 2012: No meeting.
- January 22, 2014: Creating legal families through surrogacy.
- February 26, 2014: Peer advice about working with agencies.
- March 26, 2014: From Conception to Delivery (inc. preparations to hospital stay).
- April 23, 2014: Traditional Surrogacy and independent surrogacy.
- May 28, 2014: Affording surrogacy - Insurance and other cost issues.
- June 25, 2014: Special Pride meeting - Surrogate Experience.
- July 23, 2014: Psychological aspects of surrogacy.
- October 24, 2012: Planning your surrogacy journey.
- November 28, 2012: Medical aspects.
- December 26, 2012: Considerations in selecting egg donors.
- January 23, 2013: Creating legal families through surrogacy.
- February 27, 2013: Peer advice about working with agencies.
- March 27, 2013: From Conception to Delivery (inc. preparations to hospital stay).
- April 24, 2013: Traditional Surrogacy and independent surrogacy.
- May 22, 2013: Affording surrogacy - Insurance and other cost issues.
- June 26, 2013: Special Pride meeting - Surrogate Experience.
- July 24, 2013: Psychological aspects of surrogacy.
Starting in November 2008, this group has a team of co-facilitators who take turns leading our monthly meetings. The goal is to expose group members to a variety of personal experiences and points of view. Ideas for discussion topics or guest speakers can come from any of the facilitators, but input is also encouraged from group members.
Dr. Jeffrey T. Parsons
Jeff is the Chair of Psychology at Hunter College and conducts LGBT health-related research. He and his partner of 19 years, Chris, are parents of Henry, born via traditional surrogacy in August of 2006. Jeff spoke at group shortly after Henry was born, and was on panel at the 2008 Men Having Babies seminar, discussing traditional and independent surrogacy. Jeff was appointed as a founding board member and Treasurer of Men Having Babies upon its in corporation in July 2012.
Dr. Mike Eidelman
Mike is a dermatologist and the medical director of Chelsea Skin and Laser. Together 13 years with his partner, AJ ,they are proud parents of Katherine and Connor. The twins were born in June 2005 with the help Dustin who helped as their gestational carrier. Both parents donated sperm and had an had open egg donation. Dustin, along with Mike spoke at our 2006 Men Having Babies panel. Mike also spoke at our group in March 2006 about post-conception pregnancy period with a focus on the medical aspects.
Josh is Assistant DA at Kings County, who along with his partner Mike had a baby girl (Carly) late 2006. Carly was born with the help of a gestational carrier and an anonymous egg donation. Josh first spoke at our group on March 2007 when we had a session where parents reported about their experience working with various agencies.
Ron is the president of Integrow Marketing Development, a PR and new market development agency, and along with Greg, his husband of 15 years, are parents of Elinor and Tomer, born in January 2001. The twins were conceived with the use of eggs donated by a family member (Greg's sister), and carried by a gestational carrier. Ron has been the group's coordinator since 2005, and was appointed as the Executive Director of Men Having Babies upon its in corporation in July 2012.
Anthony M. Brown, Esq.
Anthony currently works for the law firm of Albert W. Chianese & Associates heading their Nontraditional Family and Estates Law division serving unmarried individuals, couples and families. Anthony is the Executive Director of The Wedding Party and has been a Board member since its inception in 1999. Anthony is the founder of TimeForFamilies.com, a web environment dedicated to assisting gay and lesbian couples create their own families. Anthony has worked as a law guardian at The Children’s Law Center, representing the legal needs of children in Brooklyn Family Court. Anthony also worked as a legal intern forLambda Legal in the summer of 2002. Anthony was appointed as a board member and Secretary of the board of Men Having Babies upon its in corporation in July 2012.
Dr. Felix Wolf
Dr. Felix Wolf is a veterinarian who along with Pascal, a clinical psychologist, his partner of 15 years, are the parents of Jeremiah (born Dec. 2006), Rachel (born Jan. 2008) and Jonathan (born March 2009). The three children were conceived with sperm from both fathers and eggs from known donors. They all were carried by the same gestational surrogate. The couple spoke at the Dec 2006 meeting about their first pregnancy and presented their newborn son Jeremiah.