Men Having Babies' Canada Surrogacy Parenting Seminar Series
Men Having Babies is now offering a four-part Surrogacy & Gay Parenting program in Toronto!
MHB invites prospective parents interested in learning about surrogacy in Canada to a Surrogacy Parenting Seminar Series in Toronto. It includes 4 seminars, 3-4 hours each, from March through October of 2020. Each seminar will include the following components:
- An hour long peer-advice ”Planning Your Surrogacy Journey in Canada” workshop led by the MHB team.
- A speciality expert panel focusing on different topic each time, as well as other unique sessions (financial assistance, advice for prospective single fathers, etc.)
- Opportunities to hear directly from parents, surrogates and egg donors.
- Opportunities to meet a select group of service providers.
- An opportunity to socialize with similar minded couples and singles.
Event schedule and specialty panels:
- March 7, 2020: Understanding the Surrogacy Process - the role of surrogacy and egg donation agencies, matching, budgeting and insurance.
- VIRTUAL May 2, 2020: Legal Aspects - understanding the legal framework for surrogacy in Canada + COVID-19 Updates
- VIRTUAL July 11, 2020: Medical Aspects - the medical screening of future fathers, egg donors and surrogates, the creation of optimal embryos, and the IVF process.
- October 3, 2020: Psychological and Ethical Considerations - A mindful look at surrogacy.
Saturday, October 17
October 17, 2020: 12:00-4:30 PM.
The 519, 519 Church Street, Toronto, ON M4Y 2C.
Advance registration is $10 CAD per person (instead of $15 CAD at the door).
Consultation Request form
You may request a personal consultation with any of our featured sponsors using this form. Consultations can be scheduled for any time.
- 12:00 - 12:30pm: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
- 12:30 - 1:00pm: Overview - surrogacy in Canada
- 1:00 - 2:00pm: Expert Panel - Medical Aspects
- 2:00 - 3:00pm: Meet the Provider breakout sessions: 4 sessions of 15 minutes each, in 3 parallel virtual rooms
- 3:00 - 4:30pm: Drop-in virtual expo