Men Having Babies Canada - 2018
Surrogacy & Gay Parenting Conference
Toronto, October 27, 2018
Men Having Babies, in partnership with the Toronto’s "The 519" LGBTQ Community Center, are offering the first conference dedicated to Canadian Surrogacy!
For the first time MHB is featuring a conference dedicated to those interested in learning about surrogacy in Canada. Canadian, American and other nationals will also have the opportunity to get to know a select group of Canadian surrogacy providers at the Gay Parenting Expo, the various expert panels, and even in private consultations.
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the Men Having Babies educational conferences are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization.
Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out. Registration and payment in advance will also speed up your sign-in on the day of the event and allow us to send you updates on logistics and the event's agenda.
Online registration will end when we reach capacity, and no later than Friday, October 26, at noon EST.
Saturday, October 27:
• 11:30am - 12:00pm: Registration
• 12:00 - 1:00pm: Planning Your Surrogacy Journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 1:00 - 2:00pm: Legal Panel - understanding the legal framework for surrogacy in Canada
…..- Attorney Cindy Wasser / Hope Springs Fertility Law
…..- Attorney Sara Cohen / Fertility Law Canada
…..- Attorney Josh Santimaw / Boyneclarke Lawyers
• 2:00 -2:45pm: Lunch (courtesy of Canadian Fertility Consultants) and Gay Parenting Expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 2:45 - 4:00pm: Expert panel: Matching, Budgeting and Insurance
…..- Brianne Willoughby-Brown / Canadian Fertility Consulting
…..- Cathy Ruberto / Our Fairy Godmother & Stork Surrogacy International
…..- Julia Ross / Canadian Surrogacy Options
• 4:00 - 4:15pm: Coffee Break (courtesy of Hope Springs)
• 4:15 - 5:45pm: Medical Expert Panel
…..- Dr. Marjorie Dixon / Anova Fertility
…..- Dr. Prati Sharma / CReATe Fertility Centre
…..- Dr Samuel Soliman / New Life Fertility Centre
• 5:45 - 6:15pm: Gay Parenting Expo / light supper / reception (courtesy of Anova Fertility)
• 6:15 - 7:00pm: Personal Stories Panel - hear from Canadian surrogates and the parents they helped
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 7:15 - 9:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour at Woody’s
…..Registered attendees receive a coupon for one free drink