To ensure the safest possible conference experience, it is our policy that presenters, staff, and attendees are fully vaccinated. Attendees may also be required to follow additional safety protocols, including masking.
No need to put your dreams on hold anymore: MHB is returning with a responsible immersive format with everything you need to know and everyone you need to meet to start your parenting journey!
- The basics: medical, legal and financial aspects of surrogacy
- Various surrogacy destinations and options
- New opportunities brought about by the NY Surrogacy Reform
- The continuing impact of COVID-19 on surrogacy and IVF
- Insurance & budgeting considerations for surrogacy
- MHB’s member resources, discounts and financial assistance
- Accessing benefits from employers
On the Friday before the conference (September 17), we will once again host the Advocacy & Research Forum, to discuss the social, ethical, legal and empirical aspects of surrogacy and LGBT parenting. The topic this year will be the Intensified Commercialization of the Surrogacy Field.
September 18-19, 2021
The Westin New York at Times Square
270 West 43rd Street
New York, New York 10036
Attendees can benefit from special group rates for hotel accommodations at The Westin.
While the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
Thanks to an anonymous grant, we are able to continue the early bird price of $55 per person for both days, ($45 for member). This is a heavily subsidized rate for prospective parents and includes meals.
Public Health & Safety Details
To ensure the safest possible conference experience, it is our policy that presenters, staff, and attendees are fully vaccinated. To the extent allowed by local law, those who are exempt from vaccination may be able to participate upon submission of a negative PCR COVID-19 test. Participants will be provided a link to upload documentation of their status in advance to streamline the check in process. Based on prevailing public health circumstances, participants may be required to follow additional safety protocols, including masking. Our full COVID-19 Policy can be reviewed here.
Attendance in this event will satisfy the conferences requirement for GPAP Stage II application eligibility.
Attendees can also book online private consultations with the clinics and agencies.
Agenda in brief
Friday, September 17:
- 3:30 - 4:00pm: Registration
- 4:00 - 6:00pm: Opening session - The NY Advocacy and Research Forum: Intensified Commercialization of the Surrogacy Field (sponsored by EMD Serono)
- 6:00pm: Welcome reception (sponsored by EMD Serono and Warshaw Burstein Fertility Law Group)
Saturday, September 18:
- 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
- 9:00 - 10:00am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
- 10:00 - 10:30am: Comparative Panel: Surrogacy in Canada and the USA
- 10:30 - 10:50am: coffee break (courtesy of Alcea Surrogacy)
- 10:50am - 11:40pm: Getting started guide: picking providers, surrogacy resources and financial assistance
- 11:40 - 12:10pm: Q&A session: MHB Membership Benefits Program (MBP) and The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
- 12:10 - 12:45pm: Considerations for Egg Donation: locating and selecting
- 12:45 - 2:00pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and Gay Parenting Expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations)
- 2:00 - 4:10pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
- 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
- 4:10 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break & Expo (courtesy of Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists)
- 5:00 - 5:55pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects
- 5:55 - 6:10pm: coffee break (Sponsored by Alcea Surrogacy)
- 6:10 - 7:00pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents (Sponsored by Alcea Surrogacy)
Special evening activities (open to conference attendees and MHB Supporting Members)
- 7:00: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour (sponsored by Carrying Hope Surrogacy)
Sunday, September 19:
- 8:15 - 9:00am: Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy
- 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
- 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional legal clinic
- 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break (courtesy of Alcea Surrogacy)
- 10:45 - 11:30am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance (Sponsored by ART Risk)
- 11:30am - 12:00pm: IVF and surrogacy coverage at workplaces or via health insurance (in collaboration with RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association)
- 12:00 -12:45pm: Q&A session: Legal experts
- 12:45 -1:45pm: Advice for prospective single fathers (optional)
Highlights from last year
At Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists, you're getting more than an agency—you're getting a true partner to guide you throughout your journey. Located in Fairfield, Connecticut, we're proud to be one of the first and foremost surrogacy agencies in the United States. We handle every aspect of the surrogacy journey to ensure a seamless experience for all those involved. We offer an in-house attorney, an in-house escrow management company, and access to reputable Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) options. Our exceptional matching process and rigorous surrogate screening procedures ensure that we find the best possible match every time. Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists serves as a true partner, guide, and supporter throughout your journey. When you partner with Worldwide Surrogacy to support you on your path to parenthood, you become a part of our family. We approach the surrogacy process with compassion, understanding, and experienced professionalism.
* This description was provided by the service provider.
SDFC is a leading fertility provider in Southern California and New York City, and is proud to host patients from throughout the world for IVF and other fertility treatments. SDFC is proud to have played a role in bringing more than 4,000 babies into the world since 1989. Extraordinary fertility care is about having technical expertise, proven successful outcomes, and the ability to partner with patients to assure all their needs are met. San Diego Fertility Center is a world-class reproductive center with more than 70 years of collective experience diagnosing and treating infertility. Working closely with your San Diego Fertility Center doctor, you will map out a strategy and fertility treatment plan that fits your goals, your schedule, and your values. San Diego Fertility Center creates families by providing leadership in the field of advanced reproductive technologies, In-Vitro Fertilization, third-party reproduction, andrology, and research. Our commitment is to provide technology in a private and personal environment using intelligence, integrity, and innovation. Our passion is to encourage our fertility clinic patients to hold on to their dreams by creating miracles every day.
* This description was provided by the service provider.