The 14th Annual NY Men Having Babies
Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo
November 10-11, 2018
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference on November 10-11 in NY will feature parenting options in the USA and Canada, several in-depth panels — including on insurance and budgeting, and the return of the popular panel of teen surrogacy children!
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the Men Having Babies educational conferences are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization.
The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 13 years in NY, San Francisco, Dallas, Brussels, Chicago and Tel Aviv. The gay parenting expo will be at the large hall on the ground floor, where more than 25 providers and community organizations will offer information on parenting options in the USA and Canada . In-depth workshops and panels have been updated, and arranged in program tracks that will appeal to prospective parents on different stages of the process.
As always, proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out. Registration and payment in advance will also speed up your sign-in on the day of the event and allow us to send you updates on logistics and the event's agenda.
Online registration will end when we reach capacity, and no later than Friday, November 9, at noon EST.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, November 10:
• 3:00 - 3:30pm: Registration
• 3:30 - 4:45pm: Is surrogacy right for you? Overview and personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 4:45 - 5:00pm: Coffee Break
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 6:00 - 6:30pm: Break/ light supper (courtesy of World Wide Surrogacy)
• 6:30 - 8:00pm: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
Optional social activities:
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, November 11:
• 8:00 - 9:00am: Registration / Breakfast / Gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations)
• 9:00 - 10:15am: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 10:15 - 10:30am: coffee break
• 10:30 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance.
• 11:45am -1:15pm: Lunch (courtesy of Fertility Specialists of Texas) and gay parenting expo.
• 1:15 - 2:30pm: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy.
• 2:30 - 4:30pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers.
• 3:00 - 8:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:30 - 5:00pm: Networking reception & gay parenting expo.
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)
* Note: If you need ASL interpretation services, we ask that you notify us by October 10, 2018, so that we may have time to secure an interpreter.